With Pay with Points by American Express, you can use your Membership Rewards points to offset nearly all purchases you make with your American Express® Card.
Pay with Points lets you offset nearly all purchases you make - including dining, everyday spending, travel, entertainment and more. You'll enjoy complete flexibility on how much you offset the transactions on your Card bill with your points.
Pay with Points
is equal to Partner Programme" points
Pay with Points lets you offset nearly all purchases you make - including dining, everyday spending, travel, entertainment and more.
Terms and Conditions
SafeKey Pay with Points
is equal to Partner Programme" points
SafeKey Pay with Points lets you use your Membership Rewards points to pay for your purchases instantly at selected online merchants.
Terms and Conditions
American Express Membership Rewards® SafeKey Pay with Points Terms and Conditions
1. Cardmembers with an Eligible Card (as defined below) who are enrolled in the Membership Rewards Program are eligible to participate in the SafeKey Pay with Points (“SafeKey Pay with Points”) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, (“Eligible Card”) means an American Express Card issued in Hong Kong by American Express International, Inc. (Hong Kong Branch) and excludes USD Card, Corporate Cards, American Express Cathay Pacific Elite Credit Card, American Express Cathay Pacific Credit Card, American Express Cheung Kong Card, Blue Cash℠ Credit Card from American Express, American Express® I.T Cashback Card and credit cards bearing the American Express name, brand or logo issued by AEON Credit Service (Asia) Co Ltd., DBS (Hong Kong) Limited, Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited or Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited in Hong Kong.
2. The SafeKey Pay with Points is available at merchants who are enrolled with American Express’ SafeKey® and who have agreed to participate in SafeKey Pay with Points (“Participating Merchant”). The option for you to redeem your points under the SafeKey Pay with Points will be automatically offered to you during the checkout process at a Participating Merchant (“Eligible Transaction”). Only online purchases at Participating Merchants with an Eligible Card will be considered Eligible Transactions for the purposes of the SafeKey Pay with Points.
3. You can choose how much in terms of Hong Kong dollar value you wish to redeem under the SafeKey Pay with Points, up to the total dollar amount of the Eligible, as long as you have enough points in your Membership Rewards Account. The redemption rate and/or corresponding number of points required for your redemption will be reflected during the checkout process, and by continuing with the transaction, you signify your acceptance this redemption rate. The points will be deducted from your Membership Rewards Account on or after the completion of your redemption under SafeKey Pay with Points, and reflected in your Card Account and/or Statement of Account in the manner set out below
4. Participating Merchants may change from time to time without prior notice to you. Eligible Transactions, including the points redemption rate required to redeem for the Eligible Transactions, may be changed at any time without prior notice to you.
5. You must redeem a minimum of 15,000 points per Eligible Transaction. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, for each successful redemption under the SafeKey Pay with Points, points will be debited from your Membership Rewards account and a credit will be reflected on your Eligible Card in relation to the amount of points chosen to be used for the Eligible Transaction. Please note that points will be debited immediately and the credit may take up to 3 working days to be reflected on your Account Summary. You will see the credit reflected on your Account Summary as “SafeKey
6. SafeKey Pay with Points enabled merchants include: HONG KONG AIRLINES LIMITED, HUTCHISON TELECOM(HK) LT., OXFAM HONG KONG – ONLINE, Miramar Travel, FOTOMAX (F.E.) LTD., Donations via ammado, SunriseClick.com Pte. Ltd, HMV HONG KONG LIMITED, Cochine Limited, viagogo event tickets, Bossfly Limited, APPXCELL LIMITED, ROYAL INST. OF CHARTERED SURVEYORS, TRAVEL JIGSAW LIMITED, HARVEY NICHOLS & CO LTD., British Airways, AirAsia, HOTELOPIA.COM, Careerjet Ltd., Dress Link, New Dress, WorldPay, AIR INDIA LIMITED, BIBIT GLOBAL PAYMENT SERVICES, ZUJI
7. We may reject your SafeKey Pay with Points redemption request if your Card Account has a credit balance at the time of your request. Credit on your Card Account made under a SafeKey Pay with Points will not exceed the amount of each Eligible Transaction on your Eligible Card.
8. You are responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card Account by the payment due date. You must not withhold any payment due on your Card Account based upon your expectation of receiving a future credit to your Card Account. Credit(s) placed on your Card Account as a result of a redemption made under the SafeKey Pay with Points does not constitute a payment towards the balance on your Card or payment of the minimum payment due. You must always make a separate payment of at least the minimum payment due in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement and billing statement.
9.Please note that there may be a time lapse between the time of your purchase transaction and the SafeKey Pay with Points redemption appearing on your Account Summary. It may take up to 48 hours for a redemption to be completed and for the credit to be reflected on your Eligible Card, although this may take longer in certain circumstances. The charge for the purchase transaction and the credit for the SafeKey Pay with Points redemption may not appear at the same time Depending on when you redeem points under a SafeKey Pay with Points transaction, the credit may be applied to your Eligible Card in a billing period after you redeem points for the Eligible Transaction. In that case, you will need to pay the full amount shown on your statement of account (including the full charge). If you have a credit card, you may be charged interest (if applicable) if any interest-free period expires before redemption is completed and the credit is placed on your Eligible Card. You should allow yourself sufficient time to complete the redemption before the payment due date of your billing statement.
10. If your Card Account is not in good standing (e.g. overdue or in collection) or if you fail to adhere to the terms and conditions governing the Card Account, the Membership Rewards Program or the SafeKey Pay with Points, we may suspend or revoke your eligibility to participate in the SafeKey Pay with Points, and points accrued in the Membership Rewards Program or credits accrued in the SafeKey Pay with Points may be forfeited.
11. A redemption of points under the SafeKey Pay with Points cannot be reversed or unwound, except by American Express. Credits applied to your Eligible Card arising from redemption under the SafeKey Pay with Points cannot be exchanged for other rewards, and are not refundable or exchangeable for cash under any circumstances.
12. The Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards Program shall continue to apply.
13. American Express can suspend or terminate the SafeKey Pay with Points at any time it deems necessary. American Express reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without further notice.
14. In the event of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.